- With only a saliva sample, you can identify your risk for 25 hereditary cancers by analyzing 98 genes from your DNA.
- A detailed test report includes a personalized health risk management plan, enabling you to review with your doctor and take control of your health.
- This test covers all American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ACMG) and National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) guideline-recommended genes.
- Samples are processed by CellMax, a CLIA certified laboratory.
- Results are typically ready 3 weeks from the date the specimen is received.
- Kit includes saliva collection tube, instructions, test requisition and consent forms, and prepaid return shipping.
Why get tested?
Gene mutations are abnormalities in the DNA that can increase cancer risk by up to 40 times. Such genetic mutations associated with increased cancer risk are passed down from parents to children. Individuals who inherit certain mutated genes have an increased risk of developing cancer(s) in their lifetime. These cancers can be more aggressive and develop earlier in life.
BRCA1 and BRCA2 are two widely recognized genes known to increase the risk of breast and ovarian cancers, as well as prostate cancer, pancreatic cancer, and male breast cancer. However, many other genes can also influence your risk of developing cancer.
Understanding your risk for hereditary cancer is a significant step in taking charge of your health so you can proactively lower your risk of cancer through lifestyle changes, diet, supplements, and exercise. Developing personalized, routine screening programs with your healthcare provider are also precautionary steps that can help detect cancer at an earlier stage when chances of survival are at its highest. Identifying genetic mutations can also guide testing and diagnosis of at-risk-relatives.
Hereditary Cancers & Gene Mutations List
Examines 98 Genes for Mutations associated with 25 Hereditary Cancers
Cancers: Bladder, Blood, Bone Sarcoma, Brain Tumors, Breast, Central Nervous System, Cervix, Colon, Endometrium, Esophagus, Gastric, Head and Neck, Kidney, Lip, Liver, Lung and Pleura, Miscellaneous Endocrine, Oral, Ovaries, Pancreatic Exocrine, Pancreatic Endocrine, Peripheral Nervous System, Pheochromocytoma, Prostate, Rectal, Sex Cord Tumors, Skin, Skin Basal Cell, Soft Tissue Sarcoma, Thyroid Tumors
See full gene matrix here.
This test is conveniently packaged as a kit. Instructions for easy collection are included. You will provide a saliva sample at home and ship it directly to the laboratory in a pre-paid mailing envelope along with all completed forms. Take all medications as prescribed and do not eat, drink, smoke, chew gum, floss, or brush your teeth for 30 minutes prior to the saliva collection.
Note: CellMax DNA Genetic Cancer Risk Test requires physician authorization. However, you can leave this portion blank on the test requistion form and CellMax Life will provide a physician to authorize the test for you.
View a sample report of results here.
For an overview of the product, click here.