- Complete Vitamin D Deficiency Test Kit (25-OH, D2 and D3)
- Results Available in Secure Online HealthConfirm Portain in Just 3-5 Business Days (From Lab Receipt)
- Vitamin D Deficiency Can Increase Risk of Flu, Stroke, Diabetes, Cancer and More
- Home Vitamin D Test is Performed With a Single Finger Stick
- No Additional Lab Fees and Pre-Paid Sample Return Shipping is Included (Excludes International Shipping)
Vitamin D Deficiency and Symptoms
The Vitamin D Testing Kit screens Vitamin D levels and detects Vitamin D deficiency through a simple procedure.
Vitamin D deficiency -- meaning your Vitamin D levels are below 32 ng/ml -- does not have obvious symptoms, but can increase your risk for more serious diseases and conditions.
Did You Know That According to a Study Performed at Harvard University, an Estimated 1 Billion People Worldwide Are Dealing With a Vitamin D Deficiency? Some Symptoms of Vitamin D Deficiency Include:
- Broken Bones
- Chronic Pain, Including Muscle or Joint Pain
- Poor Immune System
People at a Higher Risk of a Vitamin D Deficiency Include Those Who:
- Are Obese
- Have Darker Skin
- Suffer From Heart Disease
- Spend the Majority of Their Time Indoors
- More On Vitamin D, Who Is At Risk
- Read More On Vitamin D Deficiency
- Vitamin D Test Instructions
How does HealthConfirm test Vitamin D levels?
You simply perform the blood collection at home and send it in the pre-paid return package to the laboratory where it is tested by a professional lab technician.
Once the CLIA certified labs receives your dried blood spot sample, you will be able to obtain your results in about a week. As you continue to monitor your Vitamin D levels, HealthConfirm will generate a "history" test report comparing your latest test results to previous results. If Vitamin D supplementation is necessary, this history report will track the effectiveness of your treatment and help your health care provider recommend the right supplement dose.
- How common is Vitamin D Deficiency in US? Any statistics or surveys about popularity of Vitamin D Deficiency?
According to Dr. Michael Holick---author of The UV advantage and one of the world's most respected authorities on Vitamin D and the health benefits of natural sunlight---during an interview on 2005, vitamin D deficiency is an epidemic throughout the entire United States, through all age groups. Furthermore, he elaborated shocking statics of vitamin D deficiency in the US:
- 32% of doctors and medical school students suffer from vitamin D deficiency.
- 40% of the total US population is vitamin D deficient.
- 48% of young girls (9-11 years old) are vitamin D deficient.
- Up to 60% of all hospital patients are vitamin D deficient.
- 42% of the African-American women of childbearing age are deficient in vitamin D.
- 76% of pregnant mothers suffer from severe deficiency of vitamin D. This leads to widespread vitamin D deficiencies in the unborn children. This makes the babies predisposed to type 1 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, arthritis and schizophrenia later in life. 81% of children born to these mothers were deficient.
- Up to 80% of nursing home patients are vitamin D deficient.
- What are Signs & Symptoms of Vitamin D Deficiency?
- Carbohydrate cravings
- Connective tissue swelling
- Chronic Back Pain
- 'Inflammatory' Pain such as Irritable Bowel Disease
- What are the Pros and Cons of Using Vitamin D Supplements?
Vitamin D plays an important role in bone growth and maintenance by enhancing intestinal absorption of calcium and influencing bone metabolism, hence, it is critical in the treatment of rickets and prevention of osteoporosis and other bone-related pain. Cod liver old, in particular which is being hailed by many medical specialists as a super food, helps build strong bones in children and helps prevent osteoporosis in adults with its high content of vitamin D along with vitamin A and omega-3 fatty acids. Meanwhile, the cons of vitamin D supplements are highly attributed to excessive use of it, which can include hypercalcemia with metastatic calcification in the kidney and blood vessels.
What can Vitamin D Deficiency cause in adult women?
Vitamin D deficiency in women during pregnancy and lactation can cause both inadequate body stores in the newborn and in breast milk, which can impair bone growth and mineralization in early infancy and may even cause hypocalcemic convulsions. Additionally, since vitamin D is involved in the development and functioning of the nervous system, the lack of which during pregnancy may impact on fetal brain maturation. Meanwhile, vitamin deficiency also has a significant effect among post-menopausal women.
- What can Vitamin D Deficiency cause in adult men?
Men who do not have enough supplement of vitamin D on their body have bigger chances of getting prostate cancer and colon cancer. Studies have shown that vitamin D concentration of >75 nmol/L keep cell growth in check and prevent cell from becoming autonomous and developing into unregulated cancer.
Thank you for offering this product, i have already told many of my friends. i wanted to see my Vitamin D level. Instructions were easy, results were easy to read. I will be ordering this product in a few months again to check on my levels. - Meredtith
Loved the product, and it was very accurate. I checked it against the results from my regular doctor, thank you for offering this test kit. - John