Quick Mold and Allergen Test Kit for Any Indoor Environment

$29.99 $24.99
(You save $5.00)
(1 review) Write a Review
Quick Mold and Allergen Test Kit for Any Indoor Environment
Bulk Pricing
  • Detects Mold in Home, Workplace and Other Indoor Surroundings
  • Results From the Quick Mold Test Are Obtained in Less Than a Minute and are Easily Interpreted by a Color Change
  • Identifies Mold Spores on Building Materials and other Water Damaged Surfaces like Hurricane Affected Buildings. 
  • 100% of All Types of Mold Have the Potential to Cause Some Health Effects (EPA)
  • Ideal for Investigative, Initial Screening or Post Verification of Mold Removal Process
  • The Quick Mold Test Uses Patented Biochemistry That Allows Users to Easily Perform Their Own Testing for Mold on Building Materials, Contents and Other Surfaces
  • The Quick Mold Test Detects the Microscopic Proteins Associated With Mold Growth and Related Allergens That React With The Quick Mold Test Reagents to Produce a Color Change From Green to Gray or Purple. If the Test Yields a Purple Color, Mold is Indicated And a Professional Should be Consulted for Further Testing
  • Easy Interpretation of Results - Visual Color Change Indication
  • Learn All About Mold and Sample Collection Instructions
  • CLEAN = GREEN, Mold Contamination = GRAY or PURPLE
  • Detects Both Living (Viable) or Dead (Non-viable) Mold Spores
  • 12 Month Shelf Life at Room Temperature
  • Can be used as an Investigative Test or Initial Evaluation Sample of Mold Growth
  • Can be used as a Post Remediation Verification (PRV) test for Black Mold Removal or Mold Remediation
  • Biochemical reagents are safe, non-toxic and not hazardous to use


  • Identify the sample area or material surface that you want to test. These samples need to be collected from visibly stained, discolored, blemished or soiled areas, which have a higher chance of mold and allergen presence.
  • Remove the test swab from its protective tub by firmly grasping the collar or base of the device bulb and the protective tube. 
  • Firmly pull apart the protective tube away from the collaror base of the device bulb. 
  • As you pull apart the protective tube away from the collar base of the device bulb, make it a point to not touch the swab shaft or the tip with either your hands or any other surface apart from the desired test surface.
  • Proceed with side-to-side sweeping and slightly rolling the swab device. After this, use the swab to collect maximum mold or allergen-like substances from the test surface.
  • Ensure that the sample area is at least 2 inches by 2 inches square. Any test surface with area less than this, can produce false negative results.
  • After the sample collection, return the swab to the protective tube and snugly put the device back together. Now firmly grasp the reagent bulb and blue plastic stem within the bulb and snap it back and forth a few times to break the plastic stem.
  • When the plastic stem is broken free, squeeze the bulb so that the liquid reagents are released into the protective tube, where the swab bud is located. Gently shake the device back and forth for a few seconds so that the reagent liquid gets thoroughly mixed with the swab bud. This liquid turns green as soon as it is squeezed into the base of the protective tube.
  • However, if a detectable amount of mold or allergen is collected, the same liquid will turn gray or purple from the green, within a few minutes. This means that the sample has mold or allergens present.
  • If the liquid remains green or any shade of green even after 10 minutes, it indicates that no mold or allergen is present on the sample test surface. The surface can be considered clean.
  • This step is crucial to get the most accurate results.
  • Note: Don’t read or observe the quick mold test sample after 10 minutes as it will render the test invalid due to the chemical nature of the device. Post 10 minutes, all the samples will eventually turn purple.
  • Once you are done with the test, you can dispose the kit entirely. Don’t pull the device apart after using it.

The most ideal applications for the Quick Mold Test are as follows:

-Mold testing of surfaces in bedrooms, living areas or at work

-Mold in home detection or water-damaged or suspect building materials

-Initial screening test to find mold indoors or mold detection on contents

-Post remediation verification (PRV) test after mold remediation or mold removal has been performed

-"Do-It-Yourself" home mold detection or inspection

-Restoration or mold remediation situatiosn where a mold test kit is beneficial

-Water damage assessment of water loss situations where mold in home evaluations is necessary


  • What is Mold and Where Is It Found?

Molds are microbes that are omnipresent. They invade your living space both indoors and outdoors and is more prominently found on organic material like plants, dried organic matter and food. Cellulose material is another common place where mold growth takes place. This means cardboard, ceiling tiles, sheet rock and paper are also susceptible to mold growth. Indoors, they grow easily in the AC ducts, pots of houseplants, carpets etc.

The good news is that the mold spores can be easily detached and made airborne. Simply vacuuming, cleaning the carpet or coming in contact with the spores by walking or sitting can make them leave the surface they are attached to.

  •  How Can Mold exposure Affect Your Health?

Mold exposure is not healthy for anyone but the following individuals are at a higher risk for adverse health effects: infants, children, elderly, immune compromised patients, pregnant women, and individuals with existing respiratory conditions. When inhaled, even in small amounts, mold can cause a wide range of health problems including respiratory problems (wheezing), nasal and sinus congestion, watery and red eyes, nose and throat irritation, skin irritation, aches and pains, fevers, asthma, emphysema and in some cases even death.

  • How Can You Be Exposed To Mold?

When you damage or disturb the moldy materials, the mold spores are easily released into the air.

Here are the sources of moisture indoor that may lead to mold exposure in a home or office:

  • Flooding or leafy roofs
  • Humidifiers
  • Steam from cooking
  • Constant plumbing leaks
  • House plants
  • Shower/bath steam or leaks
  • Wet or damp clothes
  • Damp basements and crawl spaces
  • Clothes dryers vented indoors.

Protection: Mold testing is the first stage of readying for defense.

Additional Information:

Molds are a type of fungus that produces a superficial growth on various kinds of damp or decaying organic matter. There are many strains of molds and some of them may be more harmful than others. Toxic molds such as Penicillium, Stachybotrys, Fusarium, Aspergillus, and Black Mold can lead to allergies and sickness which are often a result of airborne mold spores and mycotoxins. These molds and their spores may cause a range of respiratory ailments - stuffy nose, itchy throat, wheezing - to more complicated medical conditions like ear infection, asthma, and bronchitis. The mycotoxins released by these molds are structurally diverse, common contaminants of the ingredients of animal feed and human food. Many of these toxins are known to have carcinogenic potency too. Many diagnostic and private testing labs offer mold test kits for detection of presence of molds, mold-toxins and their spores on various surfaces and in the household air samples. Mold tests can be divided into two categories: air and surface. It is always advisable to take at least one surface sample and one air sample as single type sampling alone would not accurately portray the extent of mold growth. 


Sample Collection

  • Identify the area or surface to be tested.
  • Collect samples from visibly discolored, stained or visibly soiled areas.
  • Pull-out the test swab from the protective tube.
  • Pull the protective tube away from the base of the device. Do not touch the swab tip with your hands and do not let it touch any other except the test surface.
  • Wipe the swab over a 2x2 inch square area.
  • After collection, put the swab back inside the protective tube and put it back together.
  • Snap the blue plastic stem back and forth until plastic stem breaks.
  • Squeeze the bulb to release the liquid reagents.
  • Shake the device about 5 seconds to soak the swab completely in the reagent liquid.

    Reading the Results

  • The reagent liquid will turn green instantly. This is normal.
  • If there is sufficient mold or allergens in the sample, the reagent liquid will turn to gray or purple within a few minutes. This indicates a positive test for the presence for mold or allergens.
  • If no mold or allergen are present, the reagent will remain green or any shade of green after 10 minutes.
  • All samples will eventually turn purple beyond 10 minutes. This is only due to the chemical nature of the device, so do not attempt to read the results at this time. It will be invalid.
  • Dispose of the entire test properly.
  • 1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews

    • 5
      Quick mold test kit

      Posted by Deborah on Aug 18th 2017

      Excellent test kit! I needed a test for what I suspected was mold in the duct work of a recent property purchase. This test gave me instant results without the wait and expense of sending it to a lab. It contains 2 tests which gave me the chance to test another area as well. I will definitely purchase this test product again.