- Feeling Stressed and Fatigued? Cortisol Levels are an Important Indicator of Stress, Adrenal Fatigue and Adrenal Function
- Tests the Levels of Cortisol at home in the Body Fat at Four Different Times During the Day (Morning, Noon, Evening, and Nighttime)
- The Saliva Cortisol Test Kit Identifies Excessive or Insufficient Levels of Cortisol Even Before Symptoms Appear
- Results Available in Just 3-5 Business Days From Date Specimen is Received
- Includes a Detailed Report of Hormone Levels to Review with Your Doctor
- No Additional Lab or Shipping Fees
*In order to receive results, please print your email address clearly in the test requisition form included in the kit.
This diurnal/cortisol hormone imbalance saliva testing provides an effective method to determine excessive or insufficient levels of cortisol in your body, as well as monitor the expected high and low levels of the cortisol hormone during a 24-hour period. It requires four samples of saliva taken at different times: morning, noon, evening, and nighttime.
Cortisol is an important steroid hormone produced by the adrenal glands to help you combat stress. Your levels of cortisol fluctuate normally throughout the day. However, if you experience persistent cortisol imbalance, you’re likely to experience health issues including fatigue, high blood pressure, memory issues, depression, weight gain/loss, inflammation, prolonged illnesses, aches and pains, infertility and common colds.
Cortisol hormone test is recommended once in a while, particularly if you’re experiencing cortisol imbalance-related symptoms. Monitoring your cortisol hormone levels daily helps in the screening and diagnosis of certain diseases. Cortisol level is usually at its highest between 6-8 A.M. and falls during the day. Increased and decreased cortisol level may be an indication of pituitary and adrenal gland problems. In addition, people who do not experience a diurnal variation - the rise and fall of cortisol level during the day - may be suffering from Cushing Syndrome.
Each cortisol test kit includes:
- Symptom checklist on included Requisition Form
- Requisition Form to complete including your personal and medical history
- Pre-paid, pre-addressed return packaging
- Vial(s) for collecting saliva
- Instructions on how to use the saliva collection kit
The test takes away the discomfort of having to take a trip to the hospital or clinic to have your sample specimen collected. Saliva collection can be safely done in the privacy of your home; plus, you get to avoid the stress of blood draw. When you have completed specimen collection, fill-out the requisition form and send them to the accredited laboratory using the pre-paid shipping label. The result is returned to you or the ordering health care provider in 7-10 business days.
Knowing both your cortisol level and diurnal variations will help you take better care of your health. We strongly suggest that you should discuss the cortisol test result with your professional health care provider to know whether or not you need additional tests and get started with ample treatment as needed.
View More Information in Our PDF's:
- Use this Signs & Symptoms Checklist to Determine the Appropriate Hormone Imbalance Test Profile
- Learn All The Details About Hormones and Read Sample Collection Instructions
- View Detailed Guide for Hormone Imbalance or Read the Hormone Glossary
ZRT Hormone Test Results
View the video below to understand the results report with an explanation of each section.