This Morning Cortisol at-home test detects if you are starting your day with Cortisol levels above or below the healthy range.
- A Dr. Mike Dow Recommended Product
- Tests Cortisol(C) Hormone Levels in Saliva
- Results Available in Just 5-7 Business Days From Date Specimen is Received
- No Additional Lab Fees and Pre-Paid Sample Return Shipping is Included (Excludes International Shipping)
- Includes a Detailed Report of Hormone Levels to Review with Your Doctor
Understanding Cortisol Levels
Cortisol is termed as the stress hormone because it is produced at higher levels during the body's fight or flight response to stress. But aside from this, Cortisol is also involved in other bodily functions, such as regulation of blood pressure, inflammatory response, and proper glucose metabolism. Abnormal levels of Cortisol in the bloodstream are associated with some negative effects, including suppressed thyroid function, decreased bone density and muscle tissue, increased abdominal fat, impaired cognitive functions and higher blood pressure, to name a few.
This single Morning Cortisol test will help indicate if you are starting your day with Cortisol levels in an abnormal range. However, your levels of cortisol fluctuate normally throughout the day, making a full day, Diurnal Cortisol test a more complete representation of cortisol health.
**PLEASE NOTE: When Selecting the Single Cortisol Panel, This Only Tests Your MORNING Cortisol Levels. If You Want to Test Your Full Day, Diurnal (4x) Cortisol Levels, You Need to Purchase This Test.**
Common Signs and Symptoms that may be associated with AM-Cortisol variation in both Males and Females:
- Memory issues
- Stomach ulcers
- High blood pressure
- Increased levels of cholesterol
- Weight gain/loss
- Alcohol cravings
- Insulin resistance
- Heart disease
- Frequent illnesses
- Stress intolerance
- Chronic fatigue
- Cold intolerance
- Changes in blood sugar levels
- Aches and pains
- Prolonged illnesses
- Common colds
- Rheumatoid arthritis
If you are experiencing any of the following signs and symptoms, measuring your Cortisol levels may assist you and your physician in making an accurate and conclusive diagnosis. This saliva Cortisol testing kit helps you determine whether or not your Cortisol hormone levels are within the expected optimal range depending on your age and sex. It may prove very helpful to you and your physician in knowing if any observed complications are in any way associated with the variations in your Cortisol levels. It is particularly useful if you have been under a lot of stress lately.
Want to cover all of the main hormones in a single test? - Save big by selecting our comprehensive multi-hormone test. Tests up to 8 hormones at once!
- Use this Signs & Symptoms Checklist to Determine the Appropriate Hormone Imbalance Test Profile
- Learn All The Details About Hormones and Read Sample Collection Instructions
- View Detailed Guide for Hormone Imbalance or Read the Hormone Glossary
ZRT Hormone Test Results:
*In order to receive results, please print your email address clearly in the test requisition form included in the kit.