- Tests for Estradiol (E2), Progesterone (Pg) in Men and Women
- Includes a Detailed Report of Hormone Levels to Review with Your Doctor
- Results Available in Just 5 - 7 Business Days From Date Specimen is Received
- No Additional Lab Fees and Pre-Paid Sample Return Shipping is Included (Excludes International Shipping)
*In order to receive results, please print your email address clearly in the test requisition form included in the kit.
By testing the levels of these hormones together, ZRT can create a partial hormone profile for the saliva donor, which gives a more complete picture of health beyond testing a single hormone level. Testing multiple hormone levels at once is also more convenient and less expensive than testing single hormone levels.
This Hormone imbalance saliva test gives you a partial hormone profile, which can give you an idea of your hormone deficiency and health.
These hormone saliva tests are ideal for at-home use where people can perform the collection at their convenience. As hormones work together, it makes more sense to test them for imbalances together rather than testing a single hormone at a time.
Why test for these hormone levels?
Estradiol and Progesterone: For females, these two hormones will be measured together, as it is their ratio to each other that will indicate an imbalance. In reproductive age women, an excess of estradiol in relation to progesterone can explain the following symptoms:
- Endometrial hyperplasia
- Pre-menstrual syndrome
- Fibrocystic breasts
- Uterine fibroids
- Weight gain in the hips and thighs
- Fibrocystic and tender breasts
- Uterine fibroids
- Water retention
- Thyroid problems
Estrogen dominance that is not corrected can lead to cancers of the uterus and breasts, and insulin resistance.
Progesterone is present in men, but at much lower levels than women. As some men supplement with progesterone for various reasons, it can be useful to monitor that supplementation.
How does the Hormone Saliva Test Kit works?
You simply collect the saliva at home and ship it to a ZRT lab with the collection package provided (pre-paid and pre-labeled so no additional fees are required), where it is tested by professional lab technicians who then provide you with your results confidentially.
- Use this Signs & Symptoms Checklist to Determine the Appropriate Hormone Imbalance Test Profile
- Learn All The Details About Hormones and Read Sample Collection Instructions
- View Detailed Guide for Hormone Imbalance or Read the Hormone Glossary