- Tests for Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Free Triiodothyronine (fT3), Free Thyroxine (fT4) and Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) in Men and Women
- Results Available in Just 3-5 Business Days From Date Specimen is Received
- Thyroid Hormone Imbalance Can Lead to Weight Fluctuations, Irritability, Depression, Fatigue and More
- Thyroid Hormone Test Kit Performed With a Simple Finger Stick in the Privacy of Your Own Home
- No Additional Lab Fees and Pre-Paid Sample Return Shipping is Included
- Includes a Detailed Report of Hormone Levels to Review with Your Doctor
- Due to State Law, This Test Can Not Be Shipped to NY
Thyroid Testing At Home
The ZRT Essential Thyroid Profile tests the following hormone levels:
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
- Free Triiodothyronine (fT3)
- Free Thyroxine (fT4)
- Thyroid peroxidase (TPO)
By testing the levels of these hormones together, ZRT can give you an overall idea of Thyroid health.
ZRT thyroid test is ideal for at-home use where people can perform the collection at their convenience. As hormones work together, it makes more sense to test them for imbalances together rather than testing single hormones at a time.
Why test for these Thyroid hormone levels?
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone, Free Triiodothyronine, Free Thyroxine, Thyroid Peroxidase
There Are Two Major Types of Thyroid Problems That You Can Experience:
- Hypothyroidism: A Condition in Which the Thyroid Gland Does Not Produce Enough Hormones. This is Also Known as an Underactive Thyroid.
- 4.6% of People Over 12 Years Old Have Hypothyroidism and it's More Common in Women
- Some Symptoms of Hypothyroidism May Include: Fatigue, Depression, Weight Gain, Constipation & Hair Loss
- Hyperthyroidism: A Condition in Which the Thyroid Gland Produces Too Much of the Hormone Thyroxine
- Much Less Common Than Hypothyroidism
- Some Symptoms of Hyperthyroidism May Include: Anxiety, Weight Loss, Rapid Heart Rate, Frequent Bowel Movements & Restlessness
Testing with the ZRT thyroid test for these hormones can indicate the presence of an imbalance in thyroid function, which can cause a wide variety of symptoms, including:
- Feeling cold all the time
- Low stamina
- Low sex drive
- Weight gain
- High cholesterol
How does the Thyroid Hormone Imbalance Test Kit work?
You simply collect the blood at your convenience (at home, work, etc.) and ship it to the laboratory with the provided shipping labels. At the laboratory sample is tested by professional lab technicians who then provide you with your results confidentially.
What is the job of the thyroid gland in the body?
The thyroid is a small gland located in the throat that produces thyroid hormones. These hormones are responsible for regulating the body’s metabolism including how it creates and uses energy.
What are some factors that can affect thyroid function?
Thyroid function can be affected by nutritional deficiencies including iodine & selenium and by exposure to toxic elements including bromine, arsenic, selenium, mercury & cadmium.
Who should test their thyroid function?
Routine screening is recommended for those experiencing symptoms such as: weight gain or inability to gain weight, feeling cold all the time, low energy, hair loss, irregular bowel movements or depression. Testing thyroid function is also recommended for individuals over the age of 50, anyone with a family history of thyroid disorders and those with autoimmune disorders.
- Use this Signs & Symptoms Checklist to Determine the Appropriate Hormone Imbalance Test Profile
- View Our PDFs on Thyroid Hormone Imbalance Below:
*In order to receive results, please print your email address clearly in the test requisition form included in the kit.*