- Test for Insulin-Like Growth Factor
- Easy, One-Step Collection
- Quick Turnaround Time of 5-7 Business Days
- No Lab Fee and Includes Pre-Paid Return Shipping Label (Excludes International Shipping)
- Due to State Law, This Test Cannot Be Shipped to NY State
Due to State Law, We Can Not Ship This Product to NY
*In order to receive results, please print your email address clearly in the test requisition form included in the kit.
Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 detects many disorders associated with growth and endocrinology. Get your system on track with IGF-1 Dried Blood Spot Test.
Dried Blood Spot (DSB) testing measures activity of the endocrine system in the bloodstream. IGF-1 DBS Test is designed for patients with hormonal irregularities. For optimal results, administer the test upon waking before ingesting food or drink to ensure fasting blood glucose levels are at base level.
This test is suitable for use in school recreation programs, sports activities and other programs related to physical performance. Hormone supplementation for anabolic purposes results in Growth Hormone elevation; this can be identified with ZRT IGF-1 DSB Test.
What is IGF-1?
Chemically known as somatomedin C, Insulin-Like Growth Factor (IGF-1) is a naturally-occurring protein secreted by humans as a regulator of growth and anabolism. IGF-1 plays an important role in brain function and somatic development.
Syndromes that Warrant IGF-1 Dried Blood Spot Testing:
- Growth Hormone Deficiency and Pituitary Function Assessment
Decreased Bone Density, Fatigue
Changes to Lipid Levels, Cholesterol Imbalances
Anyone suffering from a growth-related disorder can use IGF-1 Dried Blood Spot Test to set their mind at ease. Full numeric reporting is provided, as well as a Reference Interval Chart for comparison. Results also document the specific times of day when hormones are secreted. A Symptoms Checklist is included for full comprehension.
- Use this Signs & Symptoms Checklist to Determine the Appropriate Hormone Imbalance Test Profile
- View our PDFs on Hormone Imbalance Below: