- Luteinizing Hormone, Often Referred to as LH, is a Hormone Produced by the Pituitary Gland That May Affect Both Male and Female Fertility
- In Women - LH Signals to the Ovaries To Release an Egg and Produce More Progesterone and In Men, it Signals the Testes to Produce Testosterone
- Test Performed With a Simple Finger Stick in the Privacy of Your Own Home
- Results Available Approximately 5 to 7 Business Days Upon Receipt of Sample at the Lab
- No Additional Lab or Shipping Fees (Excludes International Shipping)
Due to state law, we cannot ship this product to NY State.
*In order to receive results, please print your email address clearly in the test requisition form included in the kit.
Did you know that infertility affects more than 3 million couples in the United States alone? Did you also know that male infertility plays a role in over 30 percent of couples struggling with infertility?
Infertility is defined as the inability to get pregnant after a year of trying.
Luteinizing Hormone, often referred to as LH, is a hormone produced in the pituitary gland that works closely with the follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and affects both male and female fertility.
In women, luteinizing hormone signals the ovaries to release an egg as well as increasing the production of progesterone. High levels of luteinizing hormone are often linked to polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) while low levels can interfere with ovulation or egg implantation.
In men, low levels of luteinizing hormone can result in low testosterone production which in turn can cause low or no sperm production.
If you’re struggling with infertility, we’d recommend using our test as a great starting point to determine if you levels of luteinizing hormone are within the normal range. The test is performed with a simple finger stick in the privacy of your own home with fast, accurate results that you can trust.